Context & Role
• To manage & motivate his team of Agency Managers & Advisers to achieve the business targets across the whole product range.
• The Role-holder will work closely with the General Manager - Agency to plan and implement sales strategies within his defined territory.
• Manage & motivate his team of Agency Managers, SMs & FPAs to achieve sales targets.
• Assess the training needs of team in order for them to be highly effective in a competitive environment.
• Ensure that 'Best Practices' are adopted and all team members operate to the highest professional standards.
• Develop and Implement operating plans for the region so as to deliver sales targets.
• Maintain and Develop comprehensive knowledge of company products and propositions.
• Ensure distribution of responsibilities pertaining to the clients & prospective clients between SMs & ASMs.
• Ensure transfer of product knowledge and effective skill development of the team.
• Coordinate monitor and review the sales efforts of the team.
• Obtain regular feedback and build in new ideas based on market reports.
• Recruit high quality Financial Planning advisers.
• Obtain market intelligence so as be able to prepare effective operating plans.
• Key Performance Indicators:
• New business sales targets – No. of Policies and APE
• Growth and persistency in busin
• Skill development of team.
• Customer perception
Qualifications & Experience
• A high calibre Graduate having experience in sales and managing a large team.
• Must have 7 - 9 years experience in sales
• Experience of working in a fast moving environment and an ability to work to deadlines.
• Should have managed a large sales team.
• Should have preferably worked with a bank or a financial services company or alternatively have experience in direct distribution or an FMCG company.
• Having the ability to manage and motivate a team.
• Ability to manage stress
• Problem solving and decision making capability
• Influencing and selling skills
• Coaching and counseling skills
• Aptitude for financial numbers